Shared Services & Outsourcing Week Chairmen Brad DeMent highlights the key takeaways from SSOW 2019! Review his presentation for an overview of the prime content from SSOW 2019 like statistics, quotes, and the most important things to keep in mind as you progress your shared services operations. For a copy sent to your inbox, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
In preparation for SSOW Autumn 2019, we wanted to exclusively share these past presentations with you. Below you will find expert content on:
- Create a Culture that Drives Innovation: Andy Parsons, Head of HR Operations and Shares Services, Rolls-Royce North America
- Look Beyond Shared Services Measurements: It’s a Balancing Act: Brenda Sural, Senior Vice President, Chief HR Operating Officer, Northern Trust
- CREATE A SERVICE CULTURE: Lessons Learned from an “Under Cover Boss”: Don Fertman, Chief Development Officer, Subway World Headquarters
- Information Governance & International Compliance: John Smith, General Counsel of Global Business Services and Vice President for Cybersecurity Law, Raytheon
- Stakeholder Management: Communication and Alignment: Luanne S. Gutermuth, Executive Vice President & Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), WGL and Washington Gas
- Fast-Track to Adding Sustainable Value: Megan Glide Villasenor, Assistant Director of Strategic Initiatives, UC Davis
- Driving Innovation and a Culture of Continuous Improvement: William Swanson, Vice President, HR Services, Global Human Resources, Schneider Electric
- Transforming Human Resources for the Future: Our Journey Towards a Leading Practice Service Delivery Model: Derek Reisinger, Executive Director, Human Resources Service Center / Operations, Cedars-Sinai
Andy Parsons, Head of HR Operations and Shares Services, Rolls-Royce North America, presents on unique programs for engaging employees to suggest and deploy process improvement and automation ideas.
Northern Trust is a global Financial Services firm with 18,000 employees in 23 countries. Northern Trust launched HR shared services 20 years ago and operates under a captive model with three regional centers in Arizona, Ireland and India. To provide exceptional service, you must look beyond the numbers. Brenda Sural, Senior Vice President, Chief HR Operating Officer, Northern Trust, presents on several areas that can make the difference between producing necessary service to being a truly valued, effective service to the organization.
John Smith, General Counsel of Global Business Services and Vice President for Cybersecurity Law, Raytheon, presents on how Raytheon’s enterprise shared services organization governs information and complies with various legal obligations around the world. Topics within include:
- Understanding new cybersecurity rules in the U.S. and Europe
- Moving information around the globe in useful, lawful ways
- Embracing new and disruptive technology within legal parameters
As you continue to evolve, it’s important to make sure you are communicating effectively with stakeholders and aligning with business needs. Hone in on improving service and driving savings as it’s not about lifting and shifting. Luanne S. Gutermuth, Executive Vice President & Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), WGL and Washington Gas, presents approaches to improving processes, communicating effectively and providing value added insight.
How do you add value back to your enterprise in a sustainable way? How can you make a lasting impact? Find out how to step away from traditional transactional activities to focus on actionable insights and growth; delivering cash and revenue generation for the business.
Megan Glide Villasenor, Assistant Director of Strategic Initiatives, UC Davis, presents on how to drive your governance model and enhance your client engagement strategy.
Continuous Improvement is an integral part of the SSC/GBS journey. As your center grows, CI becomes harder and harder to achieve. William Swanson, Vice President, HR Services, Global Human Resources,Schneider Electric, presents on:
- Using Lean to drive efficiencies and productivity
- Setting and measuring KPIs to drive continuous improvement
- Building a continuous improvement culture
- Pinpointing the tools you should you have in your CI toolkit
- Gaining engagement from your senior leadership to drive CI in all directions
Transforming Human Resources for the Future: Our Journey Towards a Leading Practice Service Delivery Model
Established in 1902, Cedars-Sinai is widely known for its national leadership in transforming healthcare for the benefit of patients everywhere. It’s mission focuses on quality, research, education and training, and improving the health of its community. To support a world class organization you need world class human resources. The human resources team at Cedars-Sinai recognized the need to change and invest to become world class.
Derek Reisinger, Executive Director, Human Resources Service Center / Operations, Cedars-Sinai, presents on:
- Assessing to identify our opportunities
- Understanding the work, the people, and the customers
- Developing a vision for human resources
- Designing the service delivery model
- Defining the parameters of the model
- Implementing amidst change and uncertainty
- Launching to an organization built on world class care